+ Projects for School and University
From Sports to Science: Using Basketball Analytics to Broaden the Appeal of Math and Science Among Youth, MIT SLOAN Sports Analytics Conference, 2017 (by John F. Drazan, Amy K. Loya, Benjamin D. Horne, and Ron Eglash).
Download the paper
Sport Analytics: la statistica divertente, a paper (in Italian) by Paola Zuccolotto and Marica Manisera (Induzioni, 2017), describing some projects on Sport Statistics that can be implemented at school.
Supplementary material and services available in the password protected page.
Download the paper Ask for the password by email: please specify your NAME, SCHOOL, EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACTS. Get the password. Password:
Sport Analytics: la statistica divertente, workshop by Marica Manisera, organized by Stefania Mignani. University of Bologna, 21st February 2017.
Download the slides
- From Sports to Science: Using Basketball Analytics to Broaden the Appeal of Math and Science Among Youth, MIT SLOAN Sports Analytics Conference, 2017 (by John F. Drazan, Amy K. Loya, Benjamin D. Horne, and Ron Eglash).
BODaI-LAB - UNIVERSITY OF BRESCIA
(Tutor: Marica Manisera)
Student: Michele Polato
Title: Basketball play-by-play data: web scraping and data analysis
Period: February-September 2017
SCALIGERA BASKET VERONA - UNIVERSITY OF BRESCIA
(Tutors: Marco Crespi - Paola Zuccolotto)
Student: Davide Verzeletti
Title: Big Data Analytics in Basketball
Period: March-April 2016
- BODaI-LAB - UNIVERSITY OF BRESCIA
+ Bachelor Degree Theses
- Davide Verzeletti (University of Brescia, supervisor: Paola Zuccolotto) - discussed in October 2014 - "Basket e statistica: analisi dei dati di un giocatore NBA dal 2007 ad oggi".
+ Master Degree Theses
- Teis Devisscher (Gent University, promoter: Christophe Ley, tutor: Maarten De Schryver) - discussed in June 2017 - "A Principal Component Analysis of National Basketball Association Teams". See more
- Carlo Ribolla (University of Brescia, supervisor: Giuseppe Bertoli, co-supervisor: Marica Manisera) - discussed in March 2017 - "Le sponsorizzazione sportive: un'analisi nel mondo del calcio". See more
- Davide Verzeletti (University of Brescia, supervisor: Paola Zuccolotto) - discussed in December 2016 - with internship at Scaligera Basket Verona (March-April 2016, tutors: Marco Crespi and Paola Zuccolotto) - "Big Data e Machine Learning: nuovi orizzonti per l'analisi dei dati nel basket". See more Download slides
- Jonathan Klaiber (Gent University, supervisor: Christophe Ley) - discussed in 2016 - "Soccer Player Performance Rating Systems for the German Bundesliga". See more
- Federico Bianchi (University of Pavia, supervisor: Tullio Facchinetti) - discussed in September 2016 - "Towards a new meaning of modern basketball players positions". See more
- Roberta Tengattini (University of Brescia, supervisor: Paola Zuccolotto) - discussed in March 2012 - "Quando la palla non è solo rotonda: tecniche di data mining applicate al mondo del calcio". See more